Monday, June 7, 2010

And we hoped for the best, & let go of the rest.


So tonight is WNHS graduation and i'm going to see one of my best friends get his diploma (i.e. freedom :P) and also say the closing prayer. I cannot tell you how excited I am to see him do this! I'm so proud of him, graduating as class chaplain and being such a wonderful role model for his friends. It's gonna be a wonderful night =)

It got me thinking about where I was a year ago. I can honestly say that my life has changed the most in the past year then it ever has. Everyone says that your life FLIES after high school. Oh boy, they were right. I'm feeling oldddd! lol
Everything is different. It seems like even my state of mind has changed since then. and it wasn't even the graduation that caused it! It was life all of a sudden my future played out differently then i was expecting it to and then 'BAM' life hit me smack dab in my face. haha!

Hopefully tomorrow I will be at the beach soaking up the rays. as long as Florida doesn't decide to be unpredictable and rain all day! :/
I'll be able to enjoy it. Everything is looking good for my family and hopefully I'll be able to post some REALLY wonderful news on here by the end of this week. Keep your fingers crossed!

Everything isn't perfect, but I would probably be freaked out if it WAS! :P

Much love & sunshine,
Caila Lanell

"Have you been holding on to what this world has offered?
Have you been giving in to all these masquerades?
It will be gone, forever gone.
It will be gone, it will be gone
Let this old life crumble, let it fade.
Let this new life offer be your saving grace."



No comments: